- Full-day roundtrip cheese and chocolate tour to the Switzerland mountains
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people ensures personalized attention
- Guided coach tour to Appenzell and to the cheese factory in Stein with cheese tasting
- Taste fresh milk at a typical Swiss farm and visit an enchanting herbal garden
- Take the aerial cable car to Mt. Hoher Kasten for views over the Rhine Valley
- Visit a boutique chocolate manufacture and enjoy a chocolate tasting
- Receive a goodie bag of Swiss delicacies worth at least CHF 50
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Visit a local cheese factory to uncover the production secrets behind Appenzeller cheese during a cheese tasting, and then continue to Brulisau to experience panoramic vistas of the dramatic Swiss Alps. Ride an aerial cable car to the snow-capped summit of Mt Hoher Kasten and capture breathtaking views from an altitude of 6,000 feet (1,800 meters).
Enjoy a unique dining experience in the mountaintop’s revolving restaurant (own expense) and stroll through the beautiful Alpine Garden before returning to sea level for a short walking tor of Appenzell.
Visit a boutique chocolate manufacture and indulge your sweet tooth with delectable Swiss chocolate during a tasting.
After thoroughly exploring the region, return to your vehicle and return to Zurich with a goodie bag full of Swiss delicacies collected at the visited attractions throughout the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Swiss Cheese, Chocolates and Mountains Small-Group Tour from Zurich.