Explore our promoted experiences
- Private 8-hour Terracotta Warriors Museum and Banpo Museum tour from Xian (entrance fees at your expense)
- Explore the Banpo Museum, home to the remains of a Neolithic village
- See the reconstructed houses and relics of kilns, pottery, and graves
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Terracotta Warriors Museum and Tomb of the Emperor Qin Shi Huang
- View the 8,000 clay warriors and horses buried in 2010 BC
- Transport by private vehicle including central Xian hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from centrally located Xi'an hotels, drop-off at the original departure point. Please provide detailed hotel information while booking.
What To Expect
On route, hear an introduction to Banpo from your guide. The museum occupies the site of a Neolithic village dating from 4,500 BC, and showcases the finds unearthed there.
On arrival, go inside (own expense) to explore, seeing the recreations and remnants of houses and graves, and artefacts such as sickles and pottery. As you look around, learn about the matriarchal society and rich culture of the Yangshao peoples who lived here.
Next, continue to the world-famous Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, and the Tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang (Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor).
Enter (own expense) the museum for a guided visit, and marvel at the pits holding the clay army of more than 8,000 soldiers, chariots, and horses. Learn how each sculpture was given individual features and buried with the emperor in around 210 BC, before being discovered in 1974. In addition, head into the ante-rooms to view the bronze chariots and weapons that were also found in the pits.
Afterward, return to Xian, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Entrance tickets and meal fees are excluded in this tour, please pay on the spot
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY TWT Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas