Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour summertime canoe tour on the River of Golden Dreams
- Paddle alongside a guide from Alta Lake in Whistler
- See wildlife and classic BC landscapes
- Choose from a morning or afternoon departure
- Round-trip transfers from the Carleton Lodge included
Departure & Return
Please check in 30 minutes before your tour time. Refer to your booking confirmation for check in details.
What To Expect
Make your way to the Carleton Lodge in Whistler, and check in 15 to 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. A 10-minute shuttle-bus ride later, arrive at Alta Lake.
Begin with a safety briefing and learn various paddling strokes. Then, hop into your canoe and set off into the water. Your guide will accompany you in a separate canoe.
Paddle through flowing lilies and around overhanging greenery along the aptly named River of Golden Dreams. Pass by the original site of Myrtle Phillip's summer fishing resort. Families of ducks and geese glide along next to you as you head into the river’s mouth.
Take advantage of the creek’s current, and steer through its narrow passages with just a few strokes. As the river opens up again on the other side, you'll get picked up on the shore of the glacier-fed Green Lake.
Your 3-hour tour ends with transport back to the Carleton Lodge.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- All participants must be able to swim.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Canadian Wilderness Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands