4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Take in sweeping views of the Irish riverscape, floating by barge along the Shannon river system between Enniskillen and Carrick-on-Shannon during this down-to-earth countryside experience in Ireland. Step inside an authentic houseboat, featuring a fully-equipped and modern kitchen, to join your host Mary who will whisk you through a hands-on, traditional Irish (and Mediterranean-inspired) cooking class.
- Learn to prepare between 2 and 3 dishes, adapted by Mary throughout the years
- Try your hand at traditional Irish cooking, then sit to enjoy your homemade meal
- Enjoy wine included with the meal, supplied by award-winning Enrico Fantasia
- Get a taste of culture at Casa da Cultura, home to local craft shops and foods
Saved to wishlist!
Private cooking class and homecooked meal on a boathouse with your host Mary
Local alcohol (1-2 glasses of wine from award-winning supplier!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Quay Rd, Townparks, Carrick-On-Shannon, Co. Leitrim, Ireland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Enjoy a Unique Irish Cooking and Dining Experience with Locals on their Boat?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Enjoy a Unique Irish Cooking and Dining Experience with Locals on their Boat?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Enjoy a Unique Irish Cooking and Dining Experience with Locals on their Boat?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Enjoy a Unique Irish Cooking and Dining Experience with Locals on their Boat?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 7626P348
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesDining ExperiencesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeWestern IrelandCooking Classes - GalwayDining Experiences - GalwayCooking Classes - WestportDining Experiences - WestportCooking Classes - South West IrelandDining Experiences - South West IrelandCategory
Galway Arts CentreSky RoadWestport House and GardensGalway BayWestport House & Pirate Adventure ParkKylemore Abbey and Victorian Walled GardenDoolin CaveRoundstone HarborDunguaire Castle's Medieval BanquetThe Spanish ArchWild Atlantic WayGalway CathedralGalway City MuseumPoulnabrone Dolmen (Poulnabrone Portal Tomb)Lough CorribGalway AtlantaquariaDún Aonghasa (Dun Aengus)