1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
For spectacular views of New York City that few travelers experience, nothing compares to an open-door helicopter excursion. On this thrilling adventure in the sky, fly over several New York landmarks, and take in the elegant symmetry of the city, with nothing to obstruct your view. Be sure to bring your smartphone or camera to try your hand at aerial photography, and walk away with amazing images to share with friends and family.
- Tour New York City from the sky on this open-door helicopter experience
- Pass sights like Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, and Statue of Liberty
- Get a personal experience on this helicopter tour, capped at three guests
- Depart from just outside of NYC, at the Westchester County Airport
Saved to wishlist!
One seat aboard shared 1-hour open-door flight
Live pilot commentary
Airport fee $25 per person
Departure & Return
67 Tower Rd, West Harrison, NY 10604, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Flights depart and arrive at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside NYC easily accessed by public transit (Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (free parking).
- Convenient roundtrip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for additional fee (if option selected).
- Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control and temporary flight restrictions.
- 2-3 passengers fly in Robinson R44 helicopter, 4-5 passengers fly in AStar helicopter. Parties over 5 passengers will fly divided.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs per passenger, also subject to combined weight limits per helicopter: 500 lbs (226 kg) in 3-passenger R44 helicopter and 1,000 lbs (453 kg) in 5-passenger Airbus helicopters.
- Maximum passenger height in 3-passenger R44 helicopter is 6 ft 3 in (192 cm).
- This is not a private flight. Shared flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to operate and may be cancelled if minimum is not met.
- Photo flights are flown with open doors unless otherwise requested. Door removal is at the sole discretion of Pilot In Command.
- Doors are not removed if it's less than 30 degrees Fahrenheit (-1 Celsius) outside.
- Passengers must wear 'quick release' seatbelts during the entire flight.
- Cameras and smartphones must be secured with neck straps or wrist straps. Smartphone holders are provided by local partner upon request for additional fee.
- Bags and any loose items must be stowed or left behind for the entire duration of the flight.
- The use of poles or selfie sticks that could protrude from the aircraft is prohibited.
- Legs and feet must be kept inside the helicopter at all times. Anyone violating this important safety policy is subject to the immediate termination of their flight with no refund and a penalty of $250 USD.
- Minimum age 14 years.
- Under 18 requires parental or guardian consent.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights.
- Most travelers can participate
- Wings Air Helicopters LLC assumes no liability for any services (ground transportation, photography, catering, hotel, etc.) arranged on client’s behalf with third parties.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wings Air Helicopters
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during New York City Open-Door Helicopter Flight from Westchester (Shared)?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during New York City Open-Door Helicopter Flight from Westchester (Shared)?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during New York City Open-Door Helicopter Flight from Westchester (Shared)?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during New York City Open-Door Helicopter Flight from Westchester (Shared)?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
New York City Open-Door Helicopter Flight from Westchester (Shared)
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursHelicopter ToursSporting EventsCity ToursExtremeAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingWestchester County4WD Tours - New YorkHelicopter Tours - New YorkSporting Events - New YorkCity Tours - New YorkExtreme - New YorkCategory