- Capture bird's-eye photos of New York City on this private helicopter tour
- See more on your open-door flight, with unobstructed views of the Big Apple
- Beginners can get photography tips while flying, while pros can just shoot
- Take off from Westchester, or upgrade to get hassle-free NYC hotel pickup
Departure & Return
Ross Aviation West
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Photo flights depart and arrive at Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside of NYC and easily accessed by public transit (including Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (with free parking included)
- Convenient round-trip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for an additional fee (if option selected)
- Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control, and temporary flight restrictions
- 2 passengers fly in Robinson R44 helicopter, 3-5 passengers fly in AStar helicopter.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs per passenger, also subject to combined weight limits per helicopter: 500 lbs (226 kg) in 2-passenger R44 helicopter and 1,000 lbs (453 kg) in 5-passenger Airbus helicopters.
- Maximum passenger height in 2-passenger R44 helicopter is 6 ft 3 in (192 cm).
- Photo flights are flown with open doors unless otherwise requested. Door removal is at the sole discretion of Pilot In Command
- Doors are not removed if it's less than 30 degrees Fahrenheit (-1 Celsius) outside
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Passengers must wear 'quick release' seatbelts during the entire flight
- Cameras and smartphones must be secured with neck straps or wrist straps. Smartphone holders are provided by local partner upon request for additional fee
- Bags and any loose items must be stowed or left behind for the entire duration of the flight
- The use of poles or selfie sticks that could protrude from the aircraft is prohibited
- Legs and feet must be kept inside the helicopter at all times. Anyone violating this important safety policy is subject to the immediate termination of their flight with no refund and a financial penalty.
- Minimum age of 14 years
- Under 18 years of age requires parental or guardian consent
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights
- Wings Air Helicopters LLC assumes no liability for any services (ground transportation, photography, catering, hotel, etc.) arranged on client’s behalf with third parties.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Wings Air Helicopters
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private New York City Open-Door Helicopter Flight from Westchester.