- Aviation fans can fly a helicopter with a private flight, from White Plains
- Learn the basics on the ground with a lesson, and practice flying yourself
- Admire the views of the Atlantic coast, Hudson River, and Big Apple skyline
- Get a top value with lesson, pilot, and Robinson R44 Raven II ride included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Ross Aviation West hangar
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Flight lessons depart from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside NYC easily accessed by public transit (Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (free parking).
- Convenient roundtrip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for additional fee (if option selected).
- Federal regulations do not permit flight lessons in New York City airspace therefore they stay over the Westchester area, Hudson Valley or Connecticut. Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control and temporary flight restrictions.
- English proficiency is required for flight lessons. Flight lessons begin with ground instruction then students do approximately 75% of the flying using dual controls, under flight instructor supervision.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Price based on Robinson R44 helicopter.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs (113 kg) per passenger and 500 lbs (226 kg) combined in R44 helicopter.
- Flights should be booked for the first days of your New York visit, in case of schedule changes due to bad weather or helicopter maintenance.
- Children younger than 2 years may ride on their parent’s lap at no cost.
- Minimum age 14 years.
- Under 18 requires parental or guardian consent.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights.
- Wings Air Helicopters LLC assumes no liability for any services (ground transportation, photography, catering, hotel, etc.) arranged on client’s behalf with third parties.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Wings Air Helicopters
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Helicopter Flight Lesson from Westchester.