5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Wellington’s sprawling coastline can be intimidating to explore. This guided tour will take you around all the highlights in around five hours. Starting with views of the harbour and the sprawling Wellington region at the Mount Victoria lookout, you’ll be driven around Oriental Bay, the Miramar Peninsula and the winding southern coastline. In between, enjoy stops at Weta Workshop’s Weta Cave shop, the Wahine Memorial Park and Taputarenga Marine Reserve.
- Explore the coast at your own pace: your tour is operated with a private vehicle, so there are no timetables to meet
- Discover the incredible stories of the Wellington coast, including the tragic tale of the Wahine disaster
- Don’t worry about getting hungry: your tour includes lunch at a seaside cafe
- Visit unique heritage highlights that few tours offer the opportunity to see
Saved to wishlist!
Lunch (mains + a drink)
Exclusive access to private vehicle with local driver/guide and live onboard commentary
Cruise ship terminal or hotel pickup and drop-off service
Private tour only. One group booking only permitted.
Does not include Weta Studio behind the scenes tours (unavailable due to tour time constraints)
Does not includes Wellington Cable Car tickets (optional)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
For hotel pick up please wait for your Zozo Travel driver guide in the lobby or main hotel entrance.
For cruise pick up please wait at the Private Tour Waiting Area at the cruise terminal. DO NOT get on cruise shuttle.
For specific pick up time and locations please contact Zozo Travel directly.
- Wellington Cruise Terminal, Aotea Quay
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zozo Travel Limited
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Wellington Shore Excursion: From Cave to Coast Highlights Private Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursCity ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingWellingtonShore Excursions - North IslandBus Tours - North IslandCity Tours - North IslandPorts of Call Tours - North IslandHalf-day Tours - North IslandShore Excursions - PictonBus Tours - PictonCity Tours - PictonPorts of Call Tours - PictonHalf-day Tours - PictonShore Excursions - Tongariro National ParkBus Tours - Tongariro National ParkCity Tours - Tongariro National ParkPorts of Call Tours - Tongariro National ParkHalf-day Tours - Tongariro National ParkCategory
Old St. Paul's Tours & TicketsCuba Street Tours & TicketsWellington Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsWairarapa Tours & TicketsSouthward Car Museum Tours & TicketsWellington Museum Tours & TicketsStaglands Wildlife Reserve Tours & TicketsHutt Valley Tours & TicketsWellington Outer Green Belt Tours & TicketsCity Gallery Wellington Tours & TicketsSpace Place at Carter Observatory Tours & TicketsWeta Workshop Tours & Tickets