- 2-hour guided tour of Zealandia Wildlife Sanctuary in Wellington
- Explore the vast wetlands of the Zealandia eco-sanctuary on a walking tour
- Spot rare and endangered birds including takahē, tui, and kākā
- Learn more about New Zealand’s native wildlife from an expert guide
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Turn left after the Karori Tunnel and travel along Waiapu Road. Zealandia is located at the end of Waiapu Road.
What To Expect
Learn more about Zealandia and its pioneering conservation efforts as you follow your guide around the park’s walkways, exploring the lush forests and wetlands. Along the way, stop at viewpoints and feeding stations, and look out for green gecko, tuatara, and native New Zealand birds. Kākā (bush parrot), kakariki, tūī, tīeke (saddleback), hihi, and bellbirds are all common sightings, and you might even spot rare birds including the flightless takahē.
After 2 hours exploring the vast parklands, your tour ends back at the Visitor Center.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible (please inquire for a custom tour)
- Arrive at the Visitors Centre 15 minutes before your tour start time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Photography allowed on this tour
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zealandia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands