- Learn about the island’s deep history and rich wildlife from your guides
- Don’t get tied up in bureaucracy: all permits are organised prior to your tour
- Avoid a long drive: Paraparaumu is just 30 miles north of Wellington
- Dine with your hosts, a local Māori family deeply connected to the land
Departure & Return
Directions: Drive north fm Wellington City on State Highway 1. When you reach the town of Paraparaumu, turn left at traffic lights, follow Kapiti Road to the Kapiti Boating Club at the end of the road, take the 1st exit left on to Marine Parade, cafe is on corner of Howell Rd & Marine Parade.
You will return to the beach at Paraparaumu Beach, in front of the Kapiti Boating Club.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please contact us between 7-7:15am on the day of your tour to confirm your check in time and that the tour is going ahead. Ph: 0800 527 484.
- Lodge closed during June/July/August for annual maintenance
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kapiti Island Nature Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized