- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience with your guide
- Visit spots of the Civil War, including Fort Stevens, Lincoln’s Cottage, and Fort Ward
- Walk through the Greek-revival style mansion where Robert E. Lee penned his resignation
- Take a break to eat lunch at the Fort Myer Officer's Club or the Army Navy Country Club
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Close by is Lincoln’s Cottage. While you're here, catch a glimpse of the place where President Lincoln and his family resided seasonally. This spot is now a retirement home for members of the United States Armed Forces.
Make your way to the Robert E. Lee Memorial, and visit the mansion where Lee penned his resignation from the Union Army. Stop by the area where the first causalities of the war happened while listening to your guide go into details about what the war was like and key events that happened.
During your tour, your guide breaks for lunch, and you can enjoy a meal at the Fort Myer Officer's Club or the Army Navy Country Club.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY DC MILITARY TOURS, LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms