- 4-hour hiking and climbing tour of the Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Ideal for travelers with an adventurous spirit
Departure & Return
Solheimajokull Glacier parking lot.
What To Expect
Then, set out on a climbing and hiking adventure over the glacier’s frozen crevices, caves, and sinkholes. Maneuver yourself on jagged ridges, marvel at unique ice formations, and learn about the geographical creation of the glacier from your guide.
Throughout your 4-hour adventure, you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide in a small group of 10. The experience concludes at your original departure point, Solheimajokull Café.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is a small group adventure, limited to 8 participants per guide, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Minimum age is 14 years
- The tour is about 4 hours with approx. 3 hours on ice.
- Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head-wear, gloves and good hiking shoes.
- Sturdy hiking shoes, waterproof jacket and pants can be rented from the local operator for a small fee, please contact the local operator prior to traveling if you wish to rent some gear.
- This tour is available all year round
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The hike itself was moderately strenuous (as advertised) but was well worth every step." See review