5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience ice climbing on Iceland’s Sólheimajökull glacier on a private climbing tour tailored to meet the needs, experience, and fitness levels of your group. Begin the tour on the rugged path to the glacier and then traverse the ancient ice to reach the day’s ice climbing destination. Along the way, your guide will point out deep crevasses, sinkholes, and the everchanging ice formations.
- Try out ice climbing while learning about the dynamic glacial environment
- Get photos of yourself climbing a glacier
- A private tour grants you individual attention from the guide an maximizes your climbing time
- Learn how to use crampons and ice axes for climbing and traversing a glacier
Saved to wishlist!
Crampons, ice axe and other safety equipment.
Departure & Return
Sólheimajökull glacier parking lot , Sólheimajökulsvegur, IcelandThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Southcoast Adventure
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Ice Climbing on Sólheimajökull
Explore Similar Things to Do
ClimbingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesVikClimbing - South IcelandClimbing - SkaftafellClimbing - ReykjavikCategory