Explore our promoted experiences
- Learn about the region’s history and winemaking heritage from a local driver-guide
- Visit the Church of San Giorgio to see its 8th-century stone altar
- Explore a Valpolicella winery and sample a selection of the local amarone red wine
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Meet the driver 15 min before at the left hand side of Piazzale Roma, in front of the hotel Olimpia in the car park area. Look for the sign with the name of the tour on it and for the orange umbrella. Address: Rio Terà Sant'Andrea, 460 - 30135 Venezia
What To Expect
For your first stop, visit the town of San Giorgio and its famous medieval church. Marvel at the 8th-century canopy stone altar, which predates the outer church by almost 500 years. While you’re here, soak in beautiful views of the nearby Lake Garda and the town of Sirmione.
Continue on through the scenic countryside of olive groves and vineyards to one of the area’s renowned wineries. Take a tour of the estate and taste several distinctive amarone wines, known for their dry and slightly bitter taste that results from using dried grapes in the fermentation process.
Head next to Verona — best known as the home of Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers in ‘Romeo and Juliet.’ You’ll have 3 hours of leisure time to explore the city’s well-preserved historic charm and stop in at a local café for lunch (own expense). You can pay a visit to ‘Casa di Giulietta,’ which some say inspired the fictional Capulet family, and swoon at the site of Juliet’s balcony (though any historical ties here are dubious).
Reconnect with your driver-guide at the appointed time, and then sit back and relax on the beautiful return drive to Venice.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking
- Children pay as an adult because they have their own seat in the minivan
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Venice Events srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands