1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Skip the lines at Saint Mark’s Basilica and head straight into a private tour of the “Church of Gold.” Recognized as one of the foremost example of Byzantine architecture in the world, its most recognizable feature is the Pala d'Oro, a golden altar adorned with thousands of precious gemstones. Your guide will share the history of the building and its construction. Afterward, take an optional tour to a glass factory near the square at no additional charge.
- Skip the lines at Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Tour the church with a registered guide
- Learn about the church’s history and architecture
- Optional tour of glass factory included
Saved to wishlist!
Shared guided tour to the St.Mark Basilica and the Pala D'Oro
Skip the Line: the Basilica and Pala d’Oro guided tour.
Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square.
Audio guide by mobile app with 200 descriptions of Venice highlights
1 hour visit inside the Basilica and part of it done comfortably seated in the middile of Basilica
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Torre dell'Orologio, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Venice Tours Assistance Point, Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1257, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- During some days of high turnout or reasons of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark's Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts).
- You will receive the mobile app by e-mail
- The mobile app does not use internet data but works with GPS
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- PRIVATE OPTION: choose the private's one to have a personal guided tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY VENICE TOURS S.R.L.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit & seat inside - Skip the Line?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit & seat inside - Skip the Line?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit & seat inside - Skip the Line?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during St. Mark's Basilica: guided visit & seat inside - Skip the Line?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 21441P23
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursVeniceHistorical Tours - VenetoHistorical Tours - TrevisoHistorical Tours - PaduaCategory
Church of Santa Maria del Giglio (Santa Maria Zobenigo)Scuola Grande di San Rocco Correr Museum (Museo Correr)Venice Santa Lucia Station (Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia)San Lazzaro degli ArmeniHard Rock Cafe Venice San PoloCa' Rezzonico Campo San LucaFrari Church (Basilica dei Frari)Bridge of SighsCampo San BartolomeoVenice IslandsVenice Music Museum (Museo della Musica)Campo Santa Maria FormosaMadonna dell’Orto Church (Chiesa della Madonna dell'Orto)San Marco Chamber Orchestra (Virtuosi di Venezia)BuranoBasilica di Santa Maria della SaluteCampo Santa Margherita