- 2-hour tour of the Doge’s Palace in Venice, led by a knowledgeable guide
- Skip the long lines and enjoy fast-track admission to the magnificent Venetian-Gothic palace
- Explore the beautiful public chambers and see Renaissance artwork by Tintoretto and Veronese
- Learn about the dogs of Venice who ruled the republic with iron fists
- Walk across the Bridge of Sighs and tour the New Prisons
Departure & Return
Entrance to the Royal Gardens, on the waterfront of St Mark's Square - You'll meet Avventure Bellissime tour coordinator outside the gardens, in front of the wrought iron Gate holding a sign with the name of the tour and Avventure Bellissime logo written on it.
What To Expect
Wander through the palace’s awe-inspiring public rooms, decorated from floor to ceiling with gilded decor and elaborate murals. Admire masterpieces of Renaissance painting, including works by Tintoretto and the striking Juno Bestowing her Gifts on Venice by Veronese. As you explore, listen to your guide’s narration through provided headsets so all visitors can hear clearly.
See the Trial Chambers of the Council of Ten and learn about the powerful and secretive practices the mighty doges used to rule the Venetian Republic for centuries. Walk across the famous Bridge of Sighs that connects the palace to the adjoining New Prison complex, where convicts and enemies of the republic were confined. Walk in the footsteps of the condemned as you explore the foreboding hallways and cells of the prison. Your 2-hour tour concludes back outside the palace in the welcoming, open air of St Mark’s Square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- At times, Doges Palace can close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- Beginning Friday 6 August 2021 and until further notice, access to the Doge’s Palace and all related areas will be permitted only to those in possession of a Green COVID-19 Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certificate). Please remember to also bring your ID or passport to confirm your identity. This doesn't apply to children less than 12 years old.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Avventure Bellissime
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Doge's Palace & Prisons Ticket and Tour.