- Walking tour of hidden Venice with a guide
- Discover the history-rich parts of Venice that many visitors don’t get to see
- Visit the old artisan quarters of the Rialto area and the historical red light district in Carampane
- Sip a glass of wine and sample some traditional Venetians snacks at a local osteria
- See Palazzo dei Camerlenghi, a former prison for tax evaders in the San Polo neighborhood
Departure & Return
Campo San Bartolomio near the statue in the middle of the square. The guide or our tour coordinator will be holding a sign with the name of the tour and the company name AVVENTURE BELLISSIME written on it
What To Expect
Afterward, hop on a gondola for a ride across the Grand Canal. Venture on foot through the Cannareggio district to see one of the oldest churches in Venice, dating back to the 7th century. You'll also pass through the Castelletto area, known as the red light district of the medieval era.
Continue to the San Polo neighborhood, and admire the ornate, 16th-century Palazzo dei Camerlenghi along the banks of the Grand Canal. Despite its beautiful exterior, the palace was once greatly feared by small-time criminals during its days as a tax evaders’ prison.
Your tour will conclude by the Rialto Bridge.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Please make sure to check your email prior departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves walking.
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- Beginning Friday 6 August 2021 and until further notice, access to museums, galleries and all related tourist venues as well as indoor bars and restaurants, will be permitted only to those in possession of a Green COVID-19 Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certificate). Please remember to also bring your ID or passport to confirm your identity. This doesn’t apply to children less than 12 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Avventure Bellissime
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands