2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
This is a fantastic way to explore the best of Venice in one day. You’ll save time waiting in long visitor lines by having a skip-the-line ticket to Doge’s Palace included. Explore the palace artwork, architecture, and learn about its former prisoners. You’ll also be given entrance tickets to three Saint Mark’s Square museums to explore independently. A highlight is having a guided tour of St. Mark’s Basilica where you’ll see its spectacular Byzantine art.
- An ideal option for first-time visitors to Venice
- Skip-the-line tickets to Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica included
- Entrance tickets to three museums near St Mark’s Square provided
- A guide will teach you about Venice’s history and top sites
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
Skip the Line”: Doge's Palace and a walk across the Bridge of Sighs into the prisons.
Skip the line entrance in the St. Mark's Basilica
Mobile app with commentary for a self-guided tour of the 5 districts of Venice
Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
the visit in the Basilica will be done inside from the Terrace.
Skip the line ticket to visit by yourself Museo Correr, Biblioteca Marciana & Archeological Museum.
PRIVATE OPTION: Tickets must be paid on the spot € 25 p.p. - € 13 up 18 y.o. - Free under 6 y.o.
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Venice Tours Assistance Point, Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1257, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts)
- PRIVATE OPTION: Tickets must be paid on the spot € 25 p.p. - € 13 up 18 y.o. - Free under 6 years old
- You will receive the audio guide with digital map by e-mail. If you have any problems with this, please come to Venice Tours office (San Marco 1130) for assistance.
- You must download the audio guide with digital map on your mobile phone.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Until 30th August 2020 the visit in the Basilica will be done inside from the Terrace.
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY VENICE TOURS S.R.L.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Piazza San Marco: Doge's Palace & Basilica guided tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Piazza San Marco: Doge's Palace & Basilica guided tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Piazza San Marco: Doge's Palace & Basilica guided tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Piazza San Marco: Doge's Palace & Basilica guided tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "We had an amazing time touring the city, our guide was excellent and we learned so much about this beautiful city, that it is a must to visit!" See review
Product code: 21441P20
Explore Similar Things to Do
Audio GuidesWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportVeniceAudio Guides - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoHistorical Tours - VenetoAudio Guides - TrevisoWalking Tours - TrevisoHistorical Tours - TrevisoAudio Guides - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaHistorical Tours - PaduaCategory
Venice Jewish Ghetto (Ghetto di Venezia) Cannaregio San PoloCampo Santa Maria FormosaMadonna dell’Orto Church (Chiesa della Madonna dell'Orto)Frari Church (Basilica dei Frari)Lake Misurina (Lago di Misurina)Venice IslandsQuerini Stampalia Foundation (Fondazione Querini Stampalia)Aquafollie The Family Water Park Caorle AqualandiaHard Rock Cafe Venice La Fenice Opera House (Teatro La Fenice)Campo San LucaChurch of Santa Maria del Giglio (Santa Maria Zobenigo)Santa Croce Venice Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e PaoloCorrer Museum (Museo Correr)Marco Polo's Home (Casa di Marco Polo)Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista