3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Dive into the world of Mongolian cuisine in a local home just outside of Ulaanbaatar. Step into a traditional Ger home, otherwise known as a yurt, and learn to make typical Mongolian dishes such as homemade noodle soup and steamed dumplings from scratch. Discover Mongolian customs and get to know your local hosts as you cook and enjoy a delicious meal.
- Learn to cook Mongolian cuisine from scratch in a local home
- Discover Mongolian traditions, culture, and cuisine with your hosts
- Enjoy a personalized experience during this private excursion
- Round-trip transfers from your Ulaanbaatar hotel included
Saved to wishlist!
Handmade noodle soup
Rice with raisins
Private cooking experience and homecooked meal with your host Begzsuren
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Coffee and/or Tea
Round-trip transfers from your hotel
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Begzsuren will meet you at the concierge desk of your hotel (at 9:30am for a morning experience or 2:30pm for an evening experience) and together you will ride in a car or taxi to his home. You will dropped off to your hotel at the end of your experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cooking Class in a Traditional Ger Home in the Suburbs of Ulaanbaatar?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Cooking Class in a Traditional Ger Home in the Suburbs of Ulaanbaatar?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Cooking Class in a Traditional Ger Home in the Suburbs of Ulaanbaatar?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cooking Class in a Traditional Ger Home in the Suburbs of Ulaanbaatar?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Cooking Class in a Traditional Ger Home in the Suburbs of Ulaanbaatar
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUlaanbaatarCooking Classes - Northern ChinaCooking Classes - Northwest ChinaCooking Classes - Western ChinaCategory