Dynamic Tokyo: Tokyo Tower, Tea Ceremony and Sumida River Cruise Day Tour
- Full-day tour of Tokyo highlights with Sumida River cruise
- Take in the panoramic views from Tokyo Tower with an informative and friendly guide
- Pass under a dozen bridges during a riverboat cruise
- Enjoy a traditional tea ceremony and Japanese-style lunch
- Visit Asakusa Kannon Temple (Senso-ji), Tokyo's oldest Buddhist temple
- Make a photo stop at the Imperial Palace Plaza and stroll the Nakamise shopping street
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, 2-chōme-4-1 Hamamatsuchō, Minato City, Tōkyō-to 105-0013, Japan
2: Tokyo Station, 1 Chome-9 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
Return DetailsHamamatsucho Bus Terminal, 2 Chome-4 Hamamatsuchō, Minato City, Tokyo 105-0013, Japan
What To Expect
Start your Tokyo experience in the morning and continue by coach on a day-long tour of the city, making stops at each site.
Proceed first to Tokyo Tower, a towering landmark of the city skyline that provides incredible views of the greater metropolitan area. Ascend to the Tower’s 476-foot (145m) observation deck, sitting atop the second-tallest structure in Tokyo as you get a bird’s eye view of the city. Make sure to check out the transparent-floored ‘lookout window,’ affording heart-pounding views down to the ground below.
Continue your tour by taking part in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Visit a serene garden, filled with bonsai trees and carefully-preserved architecture from the Edo-era, as you watch this intricate ritual that is as much art form as it is a beverage preparation.
Take a break from your tour to refuel with an included lunch before heading next to central Tokyo to view the Japanese Capitol, which houses the country’s Parliament, and to the front of the Imperial Palace, where you make a short photo stop. Your tour continues across the double-arched Niju-bashi Bridge, which at one time led to Tokyo’s Edo Castle (also known as Chiyoda Castle). Listen as your guide explains the history of this site, which the Japanese Emperor claimed as his residence in 1863.
Move next to Hinode Pier, where you enjoy a short cruise on the Sumida River as you head towards Tokyo’s Asakusa neighborhood. Your ride on this historically significant body of water takes you underneath 12 bridges as you enjoy the unique architectural landmarks along the riverbank.
Disembark from your boat and spend some time strolling the streets of Nakamise, a thoroughfare that’s packed with vendors selling handicrafts and food. Head on from Nakamise to Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji), where you have the chance to explore Tokyo’s oldest and most important Buddhist temple. This sacred site’s history spans nearly 1,300 years.
Finish your excursion with a ride through Tokyo’s Ginza neighborhood, a high-end area of department stores and luxury boutiques. Stop with your group at Tokyo station, where your tour ends and you receive a souvenir map that allows you to continue your discovery of the city on your own.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat; meals not included.If a seat on the bus is required for the child, please make a booking at the Child rate.
- The Sumida River Cruise may be unavailable without prior notice due to river conditions. Changes in itinerary will be provided by the guide
- In March and April during the cherry blossom season, Sumida River Cruise may be replaced with a tour of cherry blossom viewing in Sumida Park
- Lunch:Japanese cuisine *The actual menu may vary due to seasonal or daily availability of ingredients. May be changed to a Western-style buffet.Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- At Tokyo Tower, only the main deck (150 m) will be visited. An additional admission fee is required to access the top deck (250 m). Those who wish to enter must pay the required charges at the location.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations
- Participants using wheelchairs must be accompanied by a friend or family member in order to board/disembark all public transportation without assistance from tour guides.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please contact us in advance when using a wheelchair.Electric wheelchairs are not available,folding is possible.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Dynamic Tokyo: Tokyo Tower, Tea Ceremony and Sumida River Cruise Day Tour.