Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour walking tour of Nihonbashi and Ningyocho districts, in Tokyo
- See the old-world in Tokyo's small alleys with the insight of a local guide
- Discover long-standing shops that carry handcrafted goods
- Sample traditional candies, crackers and other treats
- Learn about incense ceremonies and classical Japanese arts such as calligraphy and music
- Enjoy a more customized experience on a small-group tour with a maximum of 12 participants
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Mechanical clock tower near McDonald's in Ningyocho (note there are 2 clocks — meet by the one on the same side as McDonald's). In Japanese: Ningyocho Karakuri Yagura Edo Rakugo.
Mitsukoshimae Station (Ginza Line, Hanzomon Line)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children 5 and younger are free of charge
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable walking shoes
- The tour includes a brief visit to a small shrine. Modest dress is highly recommended — shoulders should be covered and pants or a skirt that covers the knees should be worn
- This tour includes visits to independent, family-run businesses, which may sometimes unexpectedly close or alter their hours for the day. In such a case, the tour will visit other nearby shops or attractions that still keep with the theme and essence of the tour
- You can access the meeting point from any of the following metro lines: Ningyocho station, Hibiya Line, Exit A1 (3-minute walk); Ningyocho Station, Asakusa Line, Exit A3 (7-minute walk); or Suitengumae Station, Hanzomon Line, Exit 7 (4-minute walk) While this tour is not physically exerting, it is a walking tour, and you will be on your feet and walking for all of the three hours.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: On this tour you will visit various 100+ year-old family owned businesses and help maintain and support unique Japanese crafts, food and culture, which will help keep these important traditions alive.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Urban Adventures - Japan
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Lots of walking is required, but almost entirely on flat surfaces." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews