4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Savor authentic Tokyo food on this "izakaya" tour of Sangenjaya, a vibrant neighborhood that’s away from the city tourist trail. You’ll tour the Japanese pubs, known as izakaya, where after-work drinkers and friends go to socialize over local snacks and beer. Giving you an insight into Tokyo culture, the experience is perfect for those looking for a taste of local life with delicious Japanese food that won’t be found on any tourist menus.
- Discover the "yokocho" alleys, packed with authentic izakaya and cafes
- Share small plates of sashimi, pickles, and more with your guide and group
- Learn about the three Edo-era teahouses that Sangenjaya is named after
- Cook your own Japanese savory pancakes in a popular teppanyaki restaurant
Saved to wishlist!
Guided tour of Sangenjaya
Visit three off the beaten track izakayas where you'll experience a wide variety of dishes
Try a minimum of 10 delicious Japanese delicacies recommended by your guide
Transport to and from Sangen-jaya station.
Departure & Return
Departure PointSangen-jaya Sta., 2 Chome-15 Taishido, Setagaya City, Tokyo 154-0004, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The legal drinking age: in Japan is 20. Soft drinks will be served to those under the age of 20
- Dietary Requirements: Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements and we will make sure you are catered to.
- Sharing: We will be experiencing izakaya the Japanese way and so sharing plates between the group. (Don't worry you will be full!)
- Group Size: To keep things friendly and allow us access to some of the smaller and more unique places we prefer to keep group sizes from 2-6 people although we are able to cater to large groups to
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Smoking is permitted in most bars and restaurants in Japan and therefore we don't advise pregnant travelers to join this tour
- There will be some light walking involved on this tour through narrow back streets so comfortable footwear is recommended.
- Solo travelers are very welcome
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tokyo Memories
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Highly recommended if you enjoy trying local cuisine, street food and drinks." See review
Product code: 89977P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursUnique ExperiencesSake TastingHalf-day ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesTokyoFood Tours - KantoUnique Experiences - KantoSake Tasting - KantoHalf-day Tours - KantoFood Tours - MusashinoUnique Experiences - MusashinoSake Tasting - MusashinoHalf-day Tours - MusashinoFood Tours - YokohamaUnique Experiences - YokohamaSake Tasting - YokohamaHalf-day Tours - YokohamaCategory
Tokyo National MuseumTokyo JoypolisHakone RopewayAkihabaraHakone Open-Air MuseumRikugien GardenKagurazakaTokyo Camii & Turkish Culture CenterHotel Chinzanso Tokyo GardenNational Museum of Western ArtLEGOLAND® Discovery Center TokyoShinagawa AquariumChidorigafuchi MoatToyo Bunko MuseumMt. Fuji 5th StationTama Zoological ParkShinjukuYanakaEdo-Tokyo Open Air Architectural MuseumTokyo Station (Tokyo Eki)