3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take a break from the crowded tourist spots and enjoy a richer experience of Tokyo's Asakusa neighborhood. This private tour takes you back in time to Japan's Showa era, a period marked by dramatic changes, by taking you to old-fashioned shops and eateries.
- Private tour exclusively for your party: Ensures a personalized experience
- Skip the crowded tourist areas and enjoy a richer experience
- Get insights into history and culture from your guide
- Learn about the enduring influence of Japan's Showa era
Saved to wishlist!
Necessary expenses for the tour guide
Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
Money for food/drinks, souvenirs and extra activities for your own
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
The use of private van
Departure & Return
1-chōme-1-3 Asakusa, Taito City, Tokyo 111-0032, Japan
Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Asakusa Station (G19) Exit 1
1-chōme-1-2 Oshiage, Sumida City, Tokyo 131-0045, Japan
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The tour ending location will differ from the starting location. If you would like to change the ending location, please consult with your tour guide.
- This tour does not include the Sky Tree entrance fee.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc. - at least about JPY 500)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY otomo travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour - This is Asakusa! A Tour Includes the All Must-Sees!?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour - This is Asakusa! A Tour Includes the All Must-Sees!?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour - This is Asakusa! A Tour Includes the All Must-Sees!?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour - This is Asakusa! A Tour Includes the All Must-Sees!
3 to 4 hours
2 hours 10 minutes
2 hours 40 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 20 minutes
3 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTokyoWalking Tours - KantoHistorical Tours - KantoHalf-day Tours - KantoWalking Tours - MusashinoHistorical Tours - MusashinoHalf-day Tours - MusashinoWalking Tours - KawasakiHistorical Tours - KawasakiHalf-day Tours - KawasakiCategory
Kitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)Tokyo Daijingu ShrineHakone Open-Air MuseumOedo Onsen MonogatariYasukuni Shrine (Yasukuni Jinja)Nakamise Shopping StreetTsukishima Monja Street21_21 Design SightFuji-Hakone-Izu National ParkNezu Museum (Nezu Bijutsukan)Tokyo One Piece TowerOmotesandoHaneda Airport (HND)RoppongiTokyo SolamachiZojo-ji TempleTokyo SEA LIFE® ParkKasai Rinkai ParkKappabashi (Kitchen Town)Akasaka Palace (State Guest House)