Are you interested in?
- Full-day Nagano snow monkey tour by rail from Tokyo, led by an informative guide
- Tour Zenko-ji Temple, a national treasure and a Buddhist place of worship for centuries in Japan
- Observe Japanese macaques as they soak in outdoor hot springs at Jigokudani Monkey Park
- Enjoy a lunch of soba noodles, a Nagano favorite
- Includes round-trip Shinkansen bullet train ticket and public transport by bus and local train
- Small-group tour limited to 15 ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTokyo Station, 1 Chome-9 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Sated, head to Zenkojishita station to board a local train heading to Yudanaka, home to the majestic monkey park of Jigokudani, internationally renowned as the only place that snow monkeys can be seen enjoying soothing hot springs. Become mesmerized by the human mannerisms of the monkeys and gaze in awe as they socialize and soak in the steamy baths.
After the park, return to Yudanaka station and take two trains back to Tokyo, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- [Important]: Please make sure the correct hotel name and address will be provided in the "Special Requirements" when you make a booking. After your booking is confirmed, the tour operator will send train tickets with itinerary and departure time to the address provided. Fail to provide correct hotel information,it can't be confirmed.
- Please refer to the tickets and final itinerary for the train numbers and times. Requests for specific Shinkansen times are not accepted. The tickets and final itinerary will be delivered to the address you provide at least one day before departure.
- This is a hard walking tour covering about 40 minutes of walking each way between the Roman Museum parking lot and Jigokudani Monkey Park. Please note that we are unable to provide special support for those with trouble walking, or small children.
- Also, the walking path may be frozen and slippery if there is snow. Please wear winter boots or other non-slip footwear. The temperature in the area in winter averages about -1°C, so it may be quite cold. Please wear warm clothing. The tour will not enter Roman Museum.
- Children 5 years old and younger can join the tour free of charge with no seat, meal, and admission ticket provided. For children's ticket to enter Jigokudani Monkey Park, please purchase it directly at the park gate
- Ticket can not be sent to Airbnb which has no reception service and private home.In this case ,pick-up at Tokyo City i is available from 3 days before the tour departure date until one day prior to departure. https://en.tokyocity-i.jp/about/access/
- Public transportation will be used in Nagano and seats cannot be reserved or guaranteed
- Lunch includes soba buckwheat noodles. Please advise of any food allergies or dietary restrictions
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, other serious medical conditions or pregnant women
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- An English-speaking tour conductor will accompany the tour from arrival at JR Nagano Station until tour ends at JR Nagano Station.
- The behavior of wild monkeys is unpredictable. The park will be closed to visitors in case the monkeys do not come down to the park from the mountains. The tour may be canceled on the day before tour departure in such cases. A full refund will be issued if the tour is canceled.
- Itinerary may be revised depending on changes in transportation schedule
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Nagano Day Trip from Tokyo: Snow Monkeys, Zenko-ji Temple.