You may also like
- Day trip from Tokyo to Kamakura and Enoshima
- See the Great Buddha of Kamakura at Kotoku-in and Hase-dera Temple, famous for its bamboo grove
- Enjoy lunch and visit a tearoom with views of a rock garden
- Round-trip coach transportation from central Tokyo meeting points
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Begin your excursion with a pickup from a central meeting point. Then head out by coach for the ride south to the city Kamakura, situated on Japan’s Sagami Bay. Start your Kamakura visit at Jomyo-ji Temple, enjoy matcha—powdered green tea—amid the refined and tranquil ambiance of a 400-year-old tearoom that looks out over a Japanese rock garden.
Later visit Hokoku-ji Temple, a renowned temple whose highlight is its beautiful bamboo grove, and then the city’s famous Great Buddha, located at the complex of Kotoku-in Temple. This renowned bronze statue, dating to 1252, is considered a national icon. Peek inside the statue’s hollow interior, then gaze at the entirely of the figure, which towers over 43 feet (13 meters) high.
Enjoy a Japanese style lunch and then head to Enoshima. Enoshima is a small island featuring some of the closest sandy beaches to Tokyo and it's a popular destination for locals. The tour concludes in Tokyo.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on operation circumstances of locations to be visited, traffic, weather and operation hours.However, the tour will not be cancelled or refunded even in such cases.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat; no meal provided
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kamakura Walking Tour .
- "Can provide for some additional time @ Enoshima as it may be tough to reach up to the Sea candle and then walk back down." See review
- "Yes, you get approximately 30-45 minutes per temple/shrine, but if you don't want the hassle of organizing this trip and the transportation on your own it is worth it." See review
- "Ninety minutes was too short, maybe leave earlier or eliminate one other tour." See review