Are you interested in?
- Private tour exclusively for your party: Ensures a personalized experience
- Skip the hassle of arranging your own transportation
- Get insights into local history and culture from your guide
- Flexibility to adjust the itinerary to your pwn preferences
Departure & Return
Departure PointOdakyu Shinjuku West Exit Station Front Shop, Japan, 〒160-0023 Tokyo, Shinjuku City, Nishishinjuku, 1-chōme−5−１ ハルク(新宿駅西口
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Must provide birth date to verify age at the time of booking
- Passport will be required for transportation on tour day
- On this Private One Day Tour from Tokyo to Hakone and return, you will begin your journey at Shinjuku Station where you will meet your English-speaking tour guide before embarking on an express train to Hakone. Along the way, your tour guide will introduce you to what you will soon be experiencing in Hakone. Although Hakone is only one hundred km from Tokyo, Hakone is part of the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park and is known for its natural beauty. It is famous for its hot springs (onsen) and stunning views of the iconic volcano, Mount Fuji. After arriving, you will visit Hakone Gora Park and walk the Old Tokaido Road along Lake Ashi. Included in your tour is the Owakudani Ropeway with the view of the volcanic activity at the Boiling Valley and Mt Fuji, as well as cruising Lake Ashi on a Pirate Ship in good weather. Other optional activities include Gora Park’s Tea Ceremony in a Japanese garden, Hakone Open Air Museum with Picasso Gallery, cruising Lake Ashi with a two body modern ship and a rope way to the top of Mt. Koma, Narukawa Art Museum with a good view of Mt. Fuji and to see Japanese paintings, or a public hot bath at an onsen (hot spring). Spend the day visiting as many of these locations as you would like and marvel at the natural beauty of Hakone before returning on your train to Tokyo. The tour ends just before dinner time when the train arrives in Tokyo. Bid farewell to your tour guide after returning to Shinjuku Station.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note for JR Pass Holders: For guests with JR pass who would prefer to take Shinkansen (bullet train), the trip will start and end at Odawara Station (instead of Shinjuku Station). The cost of the tour is the same for JR Pass holders, but the difference is that the guests and the tour guide will take the bullet train instead of the Odakyu romance car train.
- Meet your tour guide at 7:30 AM sharp at Shinjuku Station (for guests who have JR pass, meet your guide at Odawara Station at 7:30 AM). *The meeting time may change based on where the guests are staying. Travel time on train is about 1 hr 15 minutes each way. The tour within Hakone is about 7 to 7.5 hours. Return to Tokyo around 5 to 6 PM. The full duration of this Hakone One Day Tour from Tokyo and return is 10 hours.
- This private tour is for a group of 8 or less people. For a larger group, we may have two tour guides present (depending on availability).
- Peak Seasons: There are many peak seasons in Hakone, but it is especially busy during Autumn as Hakone is one of the most beautiful locations of Japan to view autumn foliage. During peak season, there will be heavy traffic on the roads and may take two to three times the duration to travel between locations by bus at Hakone. Other peak holidays include Golden Week (May 6th to 27th), the Obon Holidays (August 11th to 20th), and the New Year Holidays (December 28th – January 6th).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms