Explore our promoted experiences
- Instead of restaurant dining, enjoy a home-cooked meal in Tokyo
- Experience how locals live and dine in the city
- Choose between a lunch or dinner option
- Pickup and drop-off is not included; home is accessible via public transit
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements [in the "Special Requirements" box] at the time of booking.
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note: there is a cat in the house that is shy and quiet and is usually found hiding upstairs when guests are in the home
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Tokyo home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Japanese culture and cuisine together.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Cooking Lesson With a Tokyo Native Makiko in Her Local Home.