Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Get incredible views of Mt. Fuji—a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Take part in iconic Japanese experiences—travel by bullet train to Kyoto
- Flexible tour—choose from a variety of hotels, and departure options
- Visit many highlights in 2 days, such as Nijo Castle, and a Lake Ashi cruise
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 3 people per booking due to room type restrictions; if you have more than 3 people in your group, please make multiple bookings
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus and Shinkansen seats or lunch. Also, at some hotels, a facility usage fee will be required. Please pay at the location.
- This is a special tour for international visitors. Please understand that residents of Japan cannot make bookings for this tour.
- Please provide the local contact information of your accommodation to the tour operator when you book, after notification booking will be confirmed.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions; if Mt Fuji is not visible due to bad weather, no refund will apply
- If Mt Fuji 5th Station is closed in the winter or early spring due to heavy snow, or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic or other unforeseen circumstances, the tour will take you to the highest accessible point
- If the Lake Ashi cruise or Komagatake Ropeway cannot be boarded (when not visitable due to suspension of operation, road congestion, or conditions at other sightseeing areas), the tour will be guided to one of the following alternative destinations. Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Ropeway, Owakudani Valley, Hakone Pirate Ship, Narukawa Art Museum, Hakone Checkpoint, Lake Kawaguchi Cruise, Mt. Kachi Kachi Ropeway, Itchiku Kubota Art Museum, Hakone Shrine, etc.
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead . (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- 2019: If you would like a vegetarian menu, please inform us at the time of reservation. Also, allergy-friendly meals, etc. are not available. (Available for the Day 1 Mt. Fuji & Hakone Tour only. This is not available for the 1-Day Kyoto Tour on Day 2.)
- 2020: Customers will carry their own baggage. Please note that there is not much space on the Shinkansen or bus. [Itinerary/Destinations] 1. The order of the tour itinerary
-  The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on February 25, March 25 and November 25.  The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 2 Day Mt Fuji and Kyoto Rail Tour from Tokyo.