5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
This private tour is perfect for anyone interested in astronomy. Visit two of Japan’s top astronomical sights in a day—Chofu Aerospace Center, and the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan. As it’s a private tour, benefit from having the undivided attention of your guide, and feel free to ask questions along the way.
- Save time—see a space center and an astronomical observatory in a day
- No getting lost—a guide takes care of the navigating
- A private tour means a more personalized experience
- No need to bring food—there’s time to stop and visit a restaurant
Saved to wishlist!
Necessary expenses for the tour guide
Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
Money for food/drinks, souvenirs and extra activities for your own
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
The use of private van
Departure & Return
3-chōme-46-1 Shimorenjaku, Mitaka, Tokyo 181-0013, Japan
The South Exit of the JR line, Mitaka Station
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please come in comfortable clothing, as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- At the Mitaka Campus of NAOJ you can listen to audio guides on your phone, so we recommend you bring smart phones and tablets with you if you own any.
- There is a cafe stop included in this tour.
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc.)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY otomo travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour - Visit a Space Center and an Astronomical Observatory?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour - Visit a Space Center and an Astronomical Observatory?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour - Visit a Space Center and an Astronomical Observatory?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour - Visit a Space Center and an Astronomical Observatory
5 to 6 hours
3 hours 45 minutes
2 hours 20 minutes
3 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTokyo PrefectureWalking Tours - MusashinoFull-day Tours - MusashinoHalf-day Tours - MusashinoWalking Tours - KantoFull-day Tours - KantoHalf-day Tours - KantoWalking Tours - Saitama PrefectureFull-day Tours - Saitama PrefectureHalf-day Tours - Saitama PrefectureCategory