1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Immerse yourself in the serenity of a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. The head priest of a verdant temple leads you step by step through the ritual of preparing ceremonial tea. Experience well-being, mindfulness and harmony, and enjoy matcha and sweets. Come away with a new perspective on Japanese culture.
- Japanese tea ceremony led by the head priest of beautiful Gionji temple
- Prepare matcha (green tea) and eat Japanese sweets
- Visit an authentic temple with over 1000 years of history
- Easily fit this experience into your schedule with multiple times offered through the day
Saved to wishlist!
Japanese tea and sweets
Departure & Return
Japan, 〒182-0016 Tokyo, Chofu, Sazumachi, 2-chōme−１８−１
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A stool will be provided for those who have difficulty sitting in the seiza(sitting on the heels) position.
- If you have any food allergies, please be mindful and let us know in advance as we serve matcha green tea and Japanese sweets.
- Please bring a pair of white socks with you and wear them before entering the tea room.
- Please remove your watches, bracelets, rings, necklaces, and other accessories in order not to damage teaware.
- Please note that the host speaks only limited English. if you need an interpreter, we’ll try to find an valuator interpreter (tips are appreciated, for the transportation expenses)
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY eight one management co.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Japanese Tea Ceremony Experience at Gionji Temple in Tokyo
1 hour 30 minutes
3 hours 45 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
High TeaFood, Wine & NightlifeTokyo PrefectureHigh Tea - MusashinoHigh Tea - KantoHigh Tea - Saitama PrefectureCategory