- Private day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea from Tel Aviv
- Cross the rugged Judean Desert past ancient Jericho and the Inn of the Good Samaritan
- Take the cable car to UNESCO-listed Masada, the mountaintop fortress-palace built by King Herod
- Explore the relics and hear about the Jewish zealots who killed themselves here to evade the Romans
- Experience the unique floating sensation of a swim in the Dead Sea
- Enjoy a mud bath in the mineral-rich Dead Sea clay to feel its therapeutic benefits
- Receive the undivided attention of a private guide on this private tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
On route, hear about the region’s ancient past and let your guide know if there’s anything you want to see more of during the day. Since this is a private tour, the itinerary can be adjusted around your particular wishes.
Pass by the site of the Inn of the Good Samaritan, the location associated with the biblical parable, and see the ancient city of Jericho in the distance as your guide recounts the Old Testament story of how its walls were felled by the trumpets of the Israelites.
Catch sight of the shimmering Dead Sea as you near Masada, the mountaintop fortress-palace built by King Herod in 350 BC.
Catch the cable car up to the UNESCO World Heritage site and explore the ruins as you hear tales of Herod and the 960 Jewish zealots who committed suicide here in the 1st century AD to escape besieging Roman forces. View the well-preserved relics of Herod’s chambers and the synagogue constructed by the zealots.
Back on the road, pass Ein Gedi oasis and the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found in 1947, on route to the Dead Sea. This extraordinary lake sits at the lowest point on Earth—1,312 feet (400 meters) below sea level — and boasts waters that are over 10 times saltier than seawater.
Arrive at a Dead Sea resort and get free time to relax at leisure. Take a ‘swim’ in the salt-rich waters and perhaps enjoy a therapeutic mud bath at the world’s richest source of natural salts.
Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at your Tel Aviv hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This itinerary is only a proposal; we can customize this private tour according to your wishes
- We recommend to bring comfortable walking shoes, swimwear, water, towel and sun protection.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- On Saturday and holidays, an extra charge of $125 applies
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms