- Full-day tour of Old and New Jerusalem from Tel Aviv
- View key Christian and Jewish sites of Old Jerusalem such as the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa (no. 5-14) and Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Absorb spectacular views over the Old City from the Mount of Olives
- See the Garden of Gethsemane and Church of All Nations in the Kidron Valle
- Learn about the suffering of Jews during WWII at the Holocaust Museum in New Jerusalem
- Enjoy a convenient hotel pickup and drop-off by coach
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
En route, listen as your guide charts Jerusalem’s tangled past. Hear about its 3,000-year-old history, and how the city has been held sacred by the Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths since the biblical era.
Visit the Mount of Olives for splendid views over the walled Old City, including the golden Dome of the Rock at the Temple of the Mount. Then, drive along the Kidron Valley past the Garden of Gethsemane, Dormition Abbey and other sites before entering the Old City through the Zion Gate.
Follow the twisting alleyways of the Armenian Quarter to the Jewish Quarter, and pass the Byzantine Cardo, the city’s main thoroughfare during Byzantine times. See the Western Wall (Wailing Wall), where thousands of Jewish worshippers gather, and enter the Christian quarter to trace some of the route taken by Jesus to his crucifixion along the Via Dolorosa.
View some of the Stations of Cross (no. 5-14) on route to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, built on the site of Calvary, the place of Jesus' crucifixion. Then, pass through the Jewish Marketplace and Jaffa Gate and drive to New Jerusalem to the Holocaust Museum, a striking building dedicated to the six million and more victims of the Holocaust of WWII.
Head inside to take in the artifacts and testimonies set out in the galleries, and end your explorations at the deeply poignant Hall of Names, where biographies of the victims are held.
Afterward, your tour finishes with a drop-off at your Tel Aviv hotel.
Please note: the Holocaust Museum is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish holidays. On these days, your visit here will be replaced by a visit to Mount Zion and the Gethsemane church.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please note that on Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish holidays the Holocaust museum is closed. A visit to Mt. Zion (King David's tomb and hall of the last supper) will take place instead.
- The entrance to Yad vashem is not permitted for children under 10 years old
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Old and New Jerusalem Day Trip from Tel Aviv.
- "Very comfortable large bus, if you tend to be chilly bring a wrap for the bus." See review