- Full day trip from Tel Aviv to Masada and the Dead Sea
- Guided tour of the popular Holy Land sights by local experts
- Ascend to the top of Masada by cable car
- Float in the famous salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Enjoy the views of the desert, and pass the site of the Inn of the Good Samaritan. Then, get glimpses of the Dead Sea as you approach Masada, a mountain topped by a ruined fortress-palace built by King Herod more than 2,000 years ago.
Ride the cable car to the mountaintop and take a guided tour of the fascinating archaeological ruins. Soak up the awesome views as you inspect the crumbled remnants and hear about the site’s history.
Descend the mountain and drive to the Dead Sea past the Ein Gedi oasis and ancient settlement of Qumran. Stop to enjoy views of the famous Qumran caves, where approximately 900 ancient parchments, many incorporating the earliest known manuscripts of the Bible were discovered - the fabled Dead Sea Scrolls.
Continue to the Dead Sea and enjoy roughly two hours to relax on a mineral beach. This salt-rich lake sits at around 1,312 feet (400 meters) below sea level — the Earth’s lowest point. Wade into the waters to experience the bizarre floating sensation, enjoy a therapeutic mud bath, and if you wish, take the opportunity to buy some rejuvenating Dead Sea skin products (own expense) at duty free prices.
Afterward, return to your coach and pass the ancient city of Jericho as you travel back to Tel Aviv, where your trip ends at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommended to bring hats, bathing suit, towels, sun protection.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please note this tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Masada and the Dead Sea Day Trip from Tel Aviv.