3 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The historic town of Mtskheta was the first capital of Georgia and is renowned for its magnificent medieval churches—which are protected on the UNESCO World Heritage list. This half-day tour takes in all the highlights, including the hilltop Jvari Church, the 11th-century Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, and the Shio-Mgvime Monastery. To escape the crowds, add on an optional visit to Zedazeni Monastery.
- Stunning views of Mtskheta’s UNESCO-listed churches
- Choice of tour departure times available
- Private tour ensures the undivided attention of your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Wi-Fi on board
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
On the eve of the trip, we will contact you and inform the guide's phone number and car number.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Friendly.ge
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mtskheta - The First Capital Of Georgia Private Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Mtskheta - The First Capital Of Georgia Private Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mtskheta - The First Capital Of Georgia Private Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mtskheta - The First Capital Of Georgia Private Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Mtskheta - The First Capital Of Georgia Private Tour
3 to 5 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 40 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTbilisiBus Tours - YerevanHalf-day Tours - YerevanBus Tours - MestiaHalf-day Tours - MestiaBus Tours - TrabzonHalf-day Tours - TrabzonCategory