10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Discover historic treasures in Georgia’s Kakheti region on this private 8-hour David Gareja monastery complex and Sighnaghi tour from Tbilisi. Travel through Sagarejo village to the 6th-century David Gareja monastery complex — considered by many to be Eastern Georgia’s top attraction — with a private guide. Explore the caves and caverns, then take a gentle hike into the rugged hills. Following a picnic lunch, visit Bodbe Monastery on route to Sighnaghi. On arrival, explore 18th-century fortifications and defence walls during your walking tour, and admire breathtaking views over the Alazani Valley.
- Private 8-hour tour to the David Gareja monastery complex and Sighnaghi from Tbilisi
- Explore the 6th-century David Gareja monastery complex with a private guide
- Take in top local attractions including Bodbe Monastery
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour of historic Sighnaghi
- Admire uninterrupted views over the Alazani Valley from the 18th-century defence walls
- Tour includes pickup and drop-off from your Tbilisi hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Trekking to certain parts of David Gareja is subject to favorable weather conditions. In case of rain or snow you'll skip sightseeing in Udabno caves for your own safety and will be offered an alternative excursion in Ninotsminda Monastery.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Georgian Holidays
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private tour: David Gareja Complex and Sighnaghi from Tbilisi?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private tour: David Gareja Complex and Sighnaghi from Tbilisi?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private tour: David Gareja Complex and Sighnaghi from Tbilisi?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private tour: David Gareja Complex and Sighnaghi from Tbilisi?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTbilisiBus Tours - YerevanNature and Wildlife - YerevanHistorical Tours - YerevanFull-day Tours - YerevanBus Tours - MestiaNature and Wildlife - MestiaHistorical Tours - MestiaFull-day Tours - MestiaBus Tours - TrabzonNature and Wildlife - TrabzonHistorical Tours - TrabzonFull-day Tours - TrabzonCategory