- Set sail across the great Lake Taupo to Mine Bay
- Sit back and relax or assist the crew with the sailing of the boat, 'Fearless'
- Get an up-close look at the carvings and learn about its creation from the onboard commentary
- Swim in the warmer months or enjoy a summer evening cruise with wine, music and pizza (if upgrade selected)
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Sail Fearless Boat # 25 (Berth #25) Taupo Marina, next to 65 Redoubt St.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On board, take a seat and soak up the views, or choose to join in with rigging and hoisting the mainsail. Note: in completely still waters, a motor is used to operate the boat.
Listen to commentary from the crew as you take the scenic route — past the bays of Te Kopua and Acacia — to the Māori Rock Carvings at Mine Bay (or Okuta Bay). The carvings are only accessible by water and, on this tour, you’ll get right up close to the rock face and have ample time to take in the intricacy of the large Māori figures.
In the warmer months, bring your 'togs' (swimwear) and towel for swimming, or perhaps choose a cruise with music, wine and pizza (if upgrade selected) for the perfect summer evening on the water. You are also able to bring your own food and drink with you, should you wish.
After about 2.5 hours, return to the marina where you tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sailing trips are subject to minimum numbers, lake and weather conditions.
- If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
- Bring a warm jacket for cool weather or wind.
- Bring a towel and swimwear.
- Light Refreshments can be purchased from the cheapest bar on the Lake or you can also bring your own light refreshments for your convenience.
- The operator reserves the right to upgrade passengers to his other sailing yacht Kindred Spirit should weather conditions, demand or other circumstances require it. No extra costs will apply. The trip at 9.30am or 12.30pm might be postponed by 30min in such circumstances.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taupo Sailing Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas