4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Paddle a kayak to the magnificent Maori rock carvings on Lake Taupo with a half-day tour from Acacia Bay. You’ll learn the cultural significance behind the towering inscriptions, which were completed in 1980, and enjoy great views across the crystal-clear lake to the Tongariro Mountains. Approaching the Maori rock carvings by kayak means you can see them up close, passing native bush and tiny inlets, then floating right at the base of the cliff. Both morning and afternoon departures are available and beginning paddlers are welcome.
- Paddling trip across Lake Taupo from Acacia Bay
- See the Maori rock carvings from the water
- Enjoy views of the lake and mountains
- Chance to swim after viewing the rock carvings
- Includes snacks and beverages on the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Saved to wishlist!
Full instructions and commentary
Professional and experienced guide
Top-quality kayaking equipment
Muffin or another lovely refreshment
Coffee and/or Tea
Transport to starting Point: On request only (if you don't have your own car) Call to arrange.
Gear List: Please refer to our Gear list tab on our website for what to wear and bring.
Departure & Return
Taupo Kayaking Adventures , 2/876 Acacia Bay Road, Acacia Bay, Taupō 3330, New ZealandThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taupo Kayaking Adventures
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Half-Day Kayak to the Maori Rock Carvings in Lake Taupo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Half-Day Kayak to the Maori Rock Carvings in Lake Taupo?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Half-Day Kayak to the Maori Rock Carvings in Lake Taupo?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Half-Day Kayak to the Maori Rock Carvings in Lake Taupo
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 55 minutes