- 1-hour historical walking tour of Taos
- Stroll the historic downtown area as your guide tells you tales of the town’s history
- Learn about famous people of the past, such as Doc Martin, Long John Dunn, and Padre Martinez
- This tour involves about half a mile (0.8 km) of walking
Departure & Return
Meet your Turquoise Tours’ Guide at the Taos Plaza Gazebo. Google Maps Link to Taos Plaza: https://goo.gl/maps/iATVSu4MxBA2 Google Maps Link to free parking lot in downtown Taos: https://goo.gl/maps/mBJYGSSVbGwy3RnE6 All metered spaces in Taos are free on Sundays and holidays.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide around the town as you pass by historical areas. Listen to stories about people of the past as you walk about half a mile around the town. Some of the famous historical figures your guide tells you about include Kit Carson, Padre Martinez, Don Juan de Onate, Long John Dunn, Doc Martin, and others.
Along the way, gain a better understanding for Taos' unique history, and what makes the town the way it is today. Your walk finishes back at the gazebo around 12pm, and you can decide what’s next for the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taos Walking Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.