Explore our promoted experiences
- Mt. Etna and lava cave tour from Taormina or Giardini Naxos
- Hear fun facts about Europe’s highest active volcano
- Trek along the Parco dell’Etna trails with an alpine guide
- Explore a dark lava cave with helmets and torches
- Relax at an organic farm and enjoy samples of wine and other produce
- Easy transport with traveler pick-up
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Hop out of your transport at Rifugio Sapienza, and trek up the volcano’s slopes, along one of the Parco dell’Etna trails that rise to an altitude of 6,562 feet (2,000 meters). If you want to ascend higher, speak to your guide on the day. Other options are available to continue by cable car and minibus, although this is at an extra cost that is payable locally.
Chat with the alpine guides as you walk, then return back down the volcano by minibus and cable car.
Back down at ground level, it’s time to head underground and visit a lava cave with the help of torches and helmets. After exploring the long volcanic cave, start your journey back. Enjoy a final stop along the way at an organic farm in Zafferana, and sample some local delicacies such as wine, honey, and olive oil.
Your Mt. Etna day trip then ends with a drop-off at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- We respect social distances during the transfer, as established by Italian law.
- Our vehicles are subjected to daily sanitation/at each group change.
- Our vehicles are equipped with alcohol-based hand sanitizer for passengers.
- The use of individual safety devices (mask/face covering clothes) is mandatory during the transfer.
- The safe distances are guaranteed during the activities.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY EtnaTribe
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "When we went it was very cold and windy so bring lots of layers and a wind proof jacket." See review