- Create a customized private group trip to explore Shirakawa-go
- Check out attractions such as Shirakawa-go village, Shiroyama Observatory, and Matsuri no Mori
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Included private vehicle transport by taxi, van, or bus (depending on group size)
- Included hotel pickup and drop-off in Takayama
- Optional trip upgrade to include a bilingual guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a driver
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup from any hotel in Takayama city.
What To Expect
Spend the rest of your day exploring this historic area however you see fit. Your driver can bring you to any number of city highlights. You might check out the lovingly-preserved gassho-zukuri farmhouses in Shirakawa-go, some of which date back more than 250 years. Another option is Shiroyama Observatory, offering great views of the entire Shirakawa-go area and an on-site restaurant. There’s also Matsuri no Mori, a site which showcases artifacts like taiko drums, floats, and karakuri dolls from the Takayama Festival.
You’ll be dropped off back in Takayama at your accommodations at the end of your adventure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You have an option to choose with guide or no guide
- If guide option is selected, please pay for guide's admission fee as well
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff