- Guided tour of the northeast coast of Taiwan
- Visit the quaint little village of Chiufen (Jiufen), once a gold mining center and now filled with unique teahouses
- Amazing coastal rock formations of Nanya
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Taipei City included
Departure & Return
Please meet your tour guide at MRT Zhongxiao Xinsheng Station (BL14 /O07), Exit 2.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide passes by Chinkuashin Village and visits the emerald-colored Bitou Cape, where you can view sea-eroded landforms on the cape's hanging cliffs.
Continue your half-day tour to the Nanya coastline along a coral shore filled with whimsical rock formations formed by weathering sandstone. Your guide explains how the striped pattern in the rock is created by oxidized iron ore. Then enjoy more postcard views at the Yin-Yang Sea (Bay of Two Colors).
On arrival at the former gold mining village of Jiufen, be enchanted by a picturesque setting of old homes clinging to steep mountainsides. Meander past the cozy teahouses of Jiufen Old Street, a narrow, cobbled street that offers a glimpses into the past. You’ll appreciate the atmosphere that inspired the sets featured in the Oscar-winning animation Spirited Away.
Your tour ends with return transport to your Taipei hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Most travelers can participate
- Times and sequences are subject to change according to the weather and traffic condition.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 5 minutes earlier than the pick-up time.
- Each guest is allowed to bring one piece of carry-on baggage.
- Not recommended for travelers with physical disabilities.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- OPERATED BY Edison Travel Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff