- Whale-Watching Cruise through Sydney Harbour and on the Pacific Ocean
- Experience the great migration of humpback and southern right whales
- The open-air viewing decks provide great whale-watching opportunities
- Enjoy the picturesque sights of Sydney Harbour on your way to the open ocean
Departure & Return
Please check in at least 20 minutes prior to departure to collect tickets from the ticket office opposite Darling Harbour King Street Wharf No.2.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Witness the migration that turns the Pacific Ocean waters near Sydney into a prime spot for viewing southern right and humpback whales between the months of May and November. As many as 15,000 whales swim past Sydney every year. If you’re lucky, you may see some of them breach, spout, slap their tails and fins, or even jump out of the water.
Listen to live onboard commentary from a naturalist who shares fascinating information about the whales, dolphins and other animals that you might see during almost three hours on the whale-watching cruise.
Bring your camera for photo ops of the marine life, and the Sydney skyline, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and the Heads.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please dress appropriately and wear warm clothing. It will often feel cooler at sea
- If you are susceptible to travel sickness, please bring the relevant medication
- Whale Guarantee: If a whale is not sighted during your cruise, you'll be given the opportunity to cruise again for free
- Reconfirmation Hotline - Call +61-2-8062 3623 from 7.15am on the day of your cruise to confirm the cruise is going ahead. Cruises may be cancelled subject to weather conditions.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers 3 years and younger
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Captain Cook Cruises
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Sydney Whale-Watching Cruise.
- "Saw a whale but got blocked by overly zealous passengers, very choppy waters, dont go on a full stomach" See review