- Private 6-hour tour of Madaba, Mt. Nebo, and Bethany from the Dead Sea
- View the 6th-century Mosaic Map of the Holy Land at Madaba’s St. George’s Church
- Visit Mt. Nebo, where Moses is said to have seen the Promised Land
- Explore the mountain’s excavated remains, and Roman and Byzantine floor mosaics
- Visit Bethany, the believed site of Jesus’ baptism on the River Jordan
- Includes tours by local guides at St. George’s Church and Mt. Nebo
- Entrance fees, private transport, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotel in Dead Sea
Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival, meet a local guide to tour Madaba’s St. George’s Church. This 19th-century church houses the famous Madaba Map, a stunning 6th-century floor mosaic depicting the Holy Land and Jordan of the time.
Step inside to inspect the mosaic’s rendering of the Dead Sea, Jericho, and biblical sites, and its detailed representation of Jerusalem. Hear how it can be dated to pre-570, making it the world’s oldest surviving cartographic image of the Holy Land.
Next, continue to the summit of Mt. Nebo, where the Prophet Moses is said to have viewed the Promised Land before his death.
Wander around with a local guide to learn more about this revered place, and admire the panoramic views over the Jordan Valley, and on a clear day, to Jerusalem and Jericho.
Enter the modern church building, and tour the excavated remains and mosaics inside as your guide reveals their history and significance. Admire the beautiful mosaics dating from between the 4th and 6th century, seeing their depictions of soldiers, horses, hunters, and animals such as peacocks and lions.
After your tour, travel to the east bank of the Jordan River and UNESCO-listed 'Bethany Beyond the Jordan.' Known as El-Maghtas in Arabic, this hallowed site is believed to be where Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, and was sanctified as such by the Vatican and a visit by Pope John Paul II in 2000.
Absorb the sense of deep spirituality at this picturesque pilgrimage spot, and explore the excavated riverbank ruins of Roman and Byzantine churches, caves, and baptismal pools.
Afterward, relax as your driver transports you back to your Dead Sea hotel, where your tour concludes.
Please note: the Bethany in this trip should not be confused with Bethany in Jerusalem, where it's believed that Mary Magdalene lived and Lazarus rose from the dead.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Day Tour to Bethany Baptism Jordan River Site, Madaba & Nebo Visit from Dead Sea.