- Full-day private tour of the Eastern Desert Castles from the Dead Sea
- Private tour ensures personalized attention and a flexible itinerary
- Visit Qasr Amra, Qasr al-Asraq, and Qasr Kharana
- Pickup and drop-off from Dead Sea accommodations
- Travel via private, climate-controlled vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Dead Sea hotels
Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
Arrive first at Qasr al-Azraq, a 13th-century fortress that served as T.E. Lawrence's headquarters during World War I. Snap some photos of the black basalt structure, then continue on to Qasr Amra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built in the 8th century. The castle itself no longer exists, but the frescoes and artwork survive.
Your final stop is one of the best-preserved Umayyad monuments in the area, the Qasr Kharana. Learn about the contested origins of the structure from your guide before returning to your hotel for drop-off around 5pm.
This private tour ensures that you get undivided personalized attention from your guide and plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour Desert Castles with Shaumari Wildlife & Azraq Wetland from Dead Sea.