- Private 6-hour Amman city tour from the Dead Sea
- Explore the historical and modern highlights of Jordan’s vibrant capital
- Tour the hilltop ruins at Amman Citadel and visit the Archaeological Museum
- Admire the stunning 2nd-century Roman Theatre and nearby Museum of Popular Tradition
- See Rainbow Street, mosques, and malls, and scout for souvenirs at traditional souks
- Upgrade to include a delicious Arabic lunch
- Private, air-conditioned transport, select entrance fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotels in the Dead Sea area
Return point: Returns to original departure point
What To Expect
Boasting historical and modern sights, this buzzing city mixes downtown markets, ancient monuments, malls, and upscale residential areas, all well worthy of attention.
Travel through Jordan’s rugged countryside and on arrival, set off on your city tour. Head for Downtown with its traditional markets, and enjoy time to scout out souvenirs and trinkets in corners such as the Al Bukharia souk, the oldest in the city. Pass coffee shops and stalls selling foodstuffs and sweets, and drive by some of Amman’s most notable mosques, churches, and sights.
Visit King Abdullah Mosque, the 1989-built mosque commissioned by Jordan’s late King Hussein for his grandfather. Admire its blue dome and octagonal prayer hall, and view the Coptic Orthodox Church that stands just in front of it.
Take in the stunning Roman Theater, the centerpiece of the city in classical times, when it was known as Philadelphia. View the steep 2nd-century terraces of the theater, and then check out the artifacts displayed at the neighboring Museum of Popular Tradition.
Climb to Amman Citadel and meet a guide to tour its hilltop site. Stroll around the Roman, Byzantine, and early Islamic ruins, and view other relics found in Jordan at the Archaeological Museum.
Visit a traditional restaurant to savor an included Arabic mezze (assorted small dishes) lunch (depending on option selected), and explore colorful Rainbow Street, famous for its cafes, galleries, antique stores, and landmarks including the former home of King Talal.
Lastly, take in Amman's contemporary Swefieh and Abdoun districts. Drink in the buzzing atmosphere, and pause to see their glitzy shopping complexes including the Taj and Galleria malls.
Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at your Dead Sea hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- Jordan Museum and Royal Automobile Museum closes on Tuesdays.
- Dress code at the Mosque – Women should wear attire covering their arms and legs and should cover their head with scarf. Men should wear normal shirt and trousers.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Full Day Private Ancient and Modern Tour of Amman from Dead Sea .