- 8-hour sailing adventure around stunning Stockholm Archipelago
- Absorb the views as your yacht explores beautiful straits, bays and uninhabited islands
- Try sailing the yacht guided by the crew, and help them handle the vessel
- Learn the basics of navigation, charts and compass reading
- Savor a delicious included lunch and drinks on board
- Stop at a picturesque island to go ashore or swim
- Get everything provided, with a lifejacket and sailing gear all supplied
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Waxholmbolagets Waiting Room, Söderhamnsplan 1, 185 31, Vaxholm Address: Vaxholm Harbour (about 1h from Stockholm) The Captain will meet you at the waiting room, look out for our ‘Stockholm Adventures’ flag on our boats. Dates: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Climb on board to meet the crew and receive a short safety briefing and introduction to the sailboat. Then, set sail into Europe's largest archipelago, a collection of 24,000 islands, part of which has been nominated for UNESCO World Heritage status. As you sail, hear the legends about the elves and fairies that live on these islands.
Some of the islands have homes and residents, but many are uninhabited. Take a turn at the ship's helm, then pause for a traditional Swedish fika, or coffee and pastry break. Learn the basics of navigation, the natural history of the area and its flora and fauna from your knowledgeable skipper as you sail.
Stop at a small island for some exploration on foot and a dip in the refreshing water. Enjoy a traditional Swedish lunch on board the boat.
Spend the afternoon sailing and exploring some of the more remote islands, or checking out some of the small fishing villages that inhabit some of the larger islands. Return to Vaxholm around 6 pm and make your own way back to Stockholm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- In case of changeable weather, it is recommended you bring an extra set of clothes
- Bring warm outerwear, a swimsuit, a towel, sensible footwear, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Children must be at least 12 years old to join the tour
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests to operate, in the event that number is not reached you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- Maximum weight: 150 kg
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Stockholm Adventures ICEguide
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands