- Enjoy an adventurous canyoning trip along Croatia's Cetina River
- Jump, swim, hike and climb through this river canyon's pools, rapids and cliffs
- Make a heart-pounding rope descent from the top of the 160-foot (50-meter) Velika Gubavica waterfall
- All canyoning equipment and round-trip hotel transport from Split included
- Great way to have an outdoor adventure while visiting Split
Departure & Return
Split Meeting point: City center, west side of promenade, at Prokurative square (Trg Republike), at long stairs in front of Hotel Bellevue caffe bar Alternative: Zadvarje Meeting point: INA Gas station, Zadvarje
What To Expect
After another quick drive and hike down to the starting point, you’ll begin your canyoning adventure on the Cetina River. During the course of your excursion you’ll use a variety of techniques including swimming, jumping, sliding, and rappelling to navigate through the river’s collection of obstacles, which include crystal clear pools, fast-flowing rapids, vertical cliff walls, and slick water-covered inclines.
During your excursion you’ll visit Velika Gubavica, a 160-foot (50-meter) waterfall where you’ll enjoy a heart-pounding roped descent to the scenic lake that lies just below the cascade. Take a break to enjoy swimming and cliff jumping before continuing to your second “abseiling” (descent) location, another 65-foot (20-meter) drop. At the end of the excursion, a driver will be waiting to transport you back to your hotel in Split.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Bring some firm sport shoes to go in the canyon, if you don't have your own running shoes you can rent our canyoning shoes at storage at 7€ / 50kn per pair.
- It's good to have proper breakfast before tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iris Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "The cliff jumps are really good fun but you have the option not to do these if you don't want to." See review