- Laki Craters, Tjarnargígur, and Fjadrargljufur Canyon tour from Kirkjubæjarklaustur
- Travel by specialty Jeeps engineered for a safe drive across Iceland’s rugged terrain
- Active tour takes you on multiple hikes in one day
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people or fewer for more intimate experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Kirkjubæjarklaustur included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at 9am
Hotel pickup starts at 8:30am (if your hotel is accepted) except Hunkubakkar Guesthouse 09:15 am
If your hotel is not accepted the meeting place is at the petrol station N1 in Kirkjubaejarklaustur. You can park your car there while taking the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adult participants to take the tour
- Please note that in the spring, tracks and mountain roads may be closed during the thawing period; we reserve the right to cancel the tour or alter routes, itineraries or timetables should the necessity arise, including irregularities due to adverse weather or road conditions
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear shoes suitable for uneven terrain
- Please bring food and drinks for the day, as none are provided
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Hiking trails are marked and suitable for most people; walking is not necessary
- Lakagigar is in Vatnajokull National Park. The area is extremely sensitive and travelers must stay on marked trails at all times
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Drone flight is not allowed in the national park but possible to apply for a permit in advance
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Secret Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small Group Day Tour to Lakagigar by Super Jeep from Klaustur.