- Walking tour of communist Sofia led by a local guide
- See Sofia’s communist-era landmarks including the Monument to the Soviet Army and National Palace of Culture
- Pass other important Soviet buildings such as the Secret Police Investigation Facility
- Step back in time as your guide recounts everyday life in the Cold War
- Learn about communist ideology and why it rose and fell in Bulgaria
- Pickup from a central meeting point in Sofia
Departure & Return
Outside the Palace of Justice, at the corner of Vistosha Boulevard and Alabin Street
The tour will end next to a piece of the Berlin Wall on the left side of the park of the Palace of Culture.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY 365 LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms