- Glacier hike in the Skaftafell-Vatnajökull National Park
- Enjoy a guided hike across the Falljökull Glacier
- Marvel at snow-covered mountains, walls of ice, and natural ice sculptures
- Choice of departure times available throughout the day
- No experience necessary: full instruction and all equipment included
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalised experience
Departure & Return
Our Skaftafell Base Camp, wooden sales lodge, is located by the bus parking and clearly visible from the National Park Service Center.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival, take the time to practice walking along the ice, before following your guide on a thrilling glacier walk across the Falljökull Glacier. Marvel at the wild glacial landscapes as you climb through deep crevasses, duck beneath high ice arches, and admire glacier mills and ice sculptures. Listen as your guide explains more about the region’s unique geology and how the glaciers form and change over time, and perhaps catch sight of the snow-capped Hvannadalshnukur in the distance, Iceland’s highest peak.
Return to the bus for the journey back to the lodge.
Please note: This tour is best suited to participants with their own transport - travelers must provide their own transportation to and from the Mountain Guides Sales Lodge.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring warm clothing, rain gear, gloves, and hiking boots
- Boots and rain gear can be rented on location
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Icelandic Mountain Guides
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms